Downtown Toms River Scarecrow Walk
Review rules and scroll to the bottom to enter the Scarecrow Walk Contest.
All entries must be received by Monday, October 8, 2018.
- The contest is open to all ages.
- No entry fee!
- Registration is required and must be received by Monday, October 8, 2018.
- Community Group
- First Place - $100.00 (each category)
- Second Place - $75.00 (each category)
- Third Place - $50.00 (each category)
2017 Second Place winner
"Oscar the Grouch"
by The McAllister Family
Delivery of Entries:
- Entrants are responsible for bringing their fully assembled scarecrows to the courtyard in front of Town Hall on Monday, October 15, 2018 from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- At check-in you will receive the pole assignment for your scarecrow, zip ties to attach the scarecrow to the post and a weatherproof sign with the name of your entry.
- Scarecrows will be affixed to the light posts throughout Downtown. All scarecrows must face in toward the sidewalk and businesses and NOT face the street.
The Scarecrows will be displayed all along Washington and Main Streets!
Voting and Judging:
- Scarecrow judging will be done by popular vote beginning October 16. The public can only vote once. Ballots are not valid without your name, address and email address. Ballots will be available in participating businesses in Downtown Toms River. Just look for the Scarecrow Walk Poster.
- Ballots can be dropped off at ballot boxes located at the
Downtown Toms River Business Improvement District Office, 53 Main St. Toms River and in the lobby of the Ocean County Library, Toms River Branch, 101 Washington Street.
- Public voting takes place between October 16 - November 1, 2018.
- Winners will be announced on Friday, November 2, 2018 on our website and FaceBook page.
- All scarecrows must be picked up by Monday, November 5, 2018.
Neither Downtown Toms River nor their agents will be held responsible for any injury or damage associated with the Scarecrow Walk.
It is understood that Downtown Toms River and its agents may use photographs and stories about the actual scarecrow entries themselves, as well as all information contained on this Entry Form for publicity and promotion of the event.
All entries must conform to Downtown Toms River standards. Downtown Toms River reserves the right to deny exhibition privileges to any entry considered to be offensive in regard to race, sex or religion.
The Scarecrow Walk will be up October 16 - November 2! ~ Cast your vote!
Ballots will be available at participating restaurants with a poster in the window.
Ballots will need to be dropped off at the Downtown Toms River BID office at 53 Main Street.
||Monday, October 8, 2018
|Date to drop off Scarecrows at Town Hall Courtyard
||Monday, October 15, 2018
|Dates Scarecrows will be displayed downtown
||October 16 - November 2, 2018
|HARVEST ARTS FESTIVAL
||Saturday, October 20, 2018 – 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM
|Cast your Votes!
||October 16 - November 1, 2018
|Winners announced on website & FaceBook
||Friday, November 2, 2018
|Date to pick up Scarecrows
||Monday, November 5, 2018
Scarecrow Entry Application