The Downtown Toms River Economic Restructuring Committee
Façade Grant Program
To encourage existing businesses to improve the appearance of their places of business and provide an incentive for new businesses to locate in Downtown Toms River.
- Up to $15,000 in matching façade grants annually.
Maximum grants of 33% of construction cost to a maximum grant of $2,500.
- Allocation of grants according to the following scheme until Sept. 1. After
Sept. 1 the grants will be generally available. Allocation: 50 % of grants to
new businesses, 2 grants for businesses within a block of the Main and
Washington intersection, 1 grant for a business in the 3% assessment
area, limit of one grant per property owner per year.
- Rolling application for grants throughout year.
- Façade Improvement Committee meets monthly to review applications
and project progress.
- Grantee has six months to complete their project from the time of the
completion of the grant award paperwork.
- Download Façade Grant Program for application and more information.